Agency Approved Home Child Care Program
The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board is licensed by the Ministry of Education, and is legislated by the Child Care and Early Years Act, to operate a home child care program for children from birth to age 12. This Home Child Care Program is licensed for up to 50 approved homes within the District of Parry Sound.
Information for Parents/Guardians
What is Agency Approved Home Child Care?
An agency approved Home Child Care Program location provides quality care in a comfortable home setting through a variety of daily experiences with the support of approved Home Child Care Providers and qualified agency Home Visitors. Children are provided with a stimulating and nurturing atmosphere.
- Up to 6 children can be placed in a home. This number includes the Provider’s own children under the age of 4.
- Small numbers of children allow for more individualized attention by the Providers.
- Children ages 6 weeks to 12 years are accepted into the Program.
- Nutritional meals and snacks that follow Canada’s Food Guide are planned and served daily.
- Hours and days of care may be flexible so children and Providers can be matched according to the family’s needs.
- All Providers are trained in Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR.
Providers and their homes are carefully screened and approved by qualified agency staff. Providers follow a flexible daily schedule with the children including play-time, regular rest periods and outdoor play. There is support for the Providers in the form of scheduled and unscheduled visits by the Home Visitors.
The Home Visitor ensures that the home meets the required standards of the DSSAB, monitors the children’s well being and acts as a resource to the Provider in all matters related to child care. Access to training and resource information is available to the Providers on a regular basis.
- Providers receive regular training and may attend Ontario EarlyON Child & Family Centres.
- Agency toys and equipment are available on loan to the Providers and are exchanged on a regular basis and are CSA approved.
Click here to view our Home Child Care Program Statement
For more information please contact:
Home Child Care Program
86 Gibson Street, Parry Sound, Ontario.
705-746-9522 ext. 4361