Early Years Services
Service system managers play a central role in the planning, funding, administration and operation of early years and licensed child care services in Ontario. The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration is the Child Care Service System Manager for the District of Parry Sound.
We manage the planning and delivery of child care and early years programs in the District of Parry Sound. We work with school boards, other human services, and community partners, to organize a coordinated system of services that provide families with access to the services and supports that they need. Within the system, we specifically
manage, plan, and fund child care fee subsidies, special needs resources, family resource programs, and day camp programs. We work with our partners to promote and improve quality in programs through assessment, training, and research. We engage in community capacity building, administer local policies, and facilitate change to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and their families.
We support the provision of child care throughout the District by:
- Providing families with information on licensed child care, before and after school programs and early years programs in the community
- Investing in and supporting licensed child care operators and EarlyON providers
- Providing financial assistance for licensed, quality child care to families who qualify
- Planning for the future of early years services based on the needs of the community
- Enhancing the quality of Early Years programs through the Quality Assurance program
- Helping provide special needs resourcing for children