DSSAB Directly Operated Early Learning and Child Care Centres
Providing a safe, secure, healthy and enriching environments for pre-school children
Sign up for the Hi Mama App to stay connected with your child!
Why should I choose a licensed child care centre?
When deciding on who you should hire for your childcare needs, one of the first decisions you must make is determining whether to go with a licensed childcare provider or not. The law in Ontario requires anyone who takes care of more than five unrelated children under ten years of age to be licensed by the Ministry of Education. To be licensed, a child care operator must meet provincial standards when it comes to health, safety and training. Knowing this often gives parents a sense of ease.
Need help paying for child care?
Without help to pay for it, many families cannot afford quality child care. The Child Care Fee Subsidy Program helps eligible parents pay for care so that they can go to work or school knowing their children are well cared for. For information and to apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy please CLICK HERE
The Philosophy of our Early Learning and Child Care Centres is to provide a safe, secure, healthy and enriching environment for the children in our care. Through the guidance of Registered Early Childhood Educators embracing “How Does Learning Happen?” (Ontario Pedagogy) and the Four Foundations; Well Being, Expression, Engagement and Belonging, we incorporate Emergent Curriculum so that children are given opportunities that stimulate curiosity, initiative and independence.
- Active learning through play enhances children physically, intellectually, creatively, emotionally and socially.
- Each child is treated with respect and accepted as an individual through positive adult-child interactions.
- The learning environment provides children with opportunities to make choices and decisions through inquiry and develop conflict resolution skills that assist in lifelong learning.
- Meaningful interactions with other children expands social and communication skills and support the development and understanding of empathy.
- A consistent, predictable and flexible day enables the children to make choices and express their intentions, carry them out and reflect on what they have done.
- Children have the opportunity to play independently or work together in small and large groups.