The DSSAB is responsible for the delivery of a number of social services, including:
- Ontario Works programs
- Children’s Services
- Community programs
- Housing Services
Our Service Principles:
- Deliver services in a fair, impartial manner having regard for the spirit of relevant legislation and within the guidelines of enabling legislation, directives and policies available.
- Deliver services which enable individuals to assume responsibility for themselves and which foster self-reliance and participation in community life.
- Treat all people with empathy and respect.
- Provide complete information to assist people in making informed decisions.
- Give consideration to individual preference in the selection of and participation in programs.
- Assist clients to identify their strengths and to build on these to achieve goals consistent with their abilities.
- Promote services and offer programs, which optimize the development of the child.
- Operate child care programs which provide quality standards with respect to facilities, staffing, programming, care-giving and parental support.
- Pursue the development and delivery of child care programs that meet the challenges of children with special needs.