If you are a woman experiencing abuse, please contact our Violence against Women programs at ESPRIT PLACE Family Resource Centre. Esprit Place is a ten bed emergency shelter for women and children, serving the District of Parry Sound since 1986. We provide safe and secure residential accommodation twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Who Uses Our Services?
Our first priority is to assist women, with or without their dependent children, who have been abused. We also provide accommodation for women and children with other special needs, such as a personal or housing crisis.
What Services Are Provided?
• 24 Hour Crisis Line
• Individual support and counseling
• Group counseling for women and children
• Advocacy with community agencies and professionals
• Practical assistance in accessing community programs, housing, medical and legal services
• Accompaniment to court and legal appointments
• Long term assistance and follow-up as required
Can Services Be Accessed By Women Who Aren’t Living at the Shelter?
Yes, we operate a satellite office in Parry Sound and South River. Our Transitional and Housing Support Program and Community Outreach actively work with women living in the community.
For More Information Please Call:
705-746-4800 or 1-800-461-1707
Main Office: 3A Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Phone: 705-746-4800 / 1-800-461-1707
South River Outreach: 705-386-2303 / 1-888-892-2229