What is Ontario Works?
The Ontario Works program provides financial and employment support to assist individuals with their basic needs and accommodation while focusing on obtaining paid employment. Financial Assistance is provided to eligible persons who demonstrate need and satisfy the requirements to pursue and retain employment. We operate on the principles of respect and dignity for all, enhancing self-esteem, fostering independence, self reliance and community contribution.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for Ontario Works within the District of Parry Sound in person or by calling one of our offices below:
South River Office
16 Toronto Avenue
South River, Ontario
705-386-2358 or 1-800-661-3230
Parry Sound Office
1 Beechwood Drive
Parry Sound, Ontario
705-746-8886 or 1-800-461-4464
Intake can be done in person or over the phone, Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
You can also apply online at https://saapply.mcss.gov.on.ca – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The online application will take approximately 40 minutes to complete.
What Will I Need?
The application can take up to 40 minutes to complete and it is important to have all of the following information available at the time of the application. This information is needed for each immediate family member.
- Date(s) of Birth
- Social Insurance Number(s)
- Health Card Number(s)
- Immigration Information (if applicable)
- Accommodation information including rent/mortgage amounts, heat and hydro expenses, property taxes etc.
- Address history for the last 12 months
- All asset information (ie. bank account details, investments, life insurance and vehicle details).
- All Income details for each family member, including current income and earnings, if applicable (ie. National Child Benefit Supplement, EIB, WSIB, Support, and Earnings).
Please have all of the information available to ensure the best possible service.
Employment Information Session Video